Employment Opportunities at the Downtown Boston BID
Thank you for your interest in the Downtown Boston Business Improvement District.
Open Position: Arts Market Associate
Hourly wage/contract position
May 1 - September 27
Summary: The Downtown Boston Business Improvement District (the “BID”) is seeking an Arts Market Associate with strong operational and organizational skills for contract work from May 1 thru September 27th. The Arts Market Associate will provide support to BID staff and manage the three day a week outdoor Downtown Boston Arts & Crafts Market (Wednesday, Thursday and Friday 11 am to 6:00 pm). The position reports to the Project Manager and the Chief Financial Officer.
Position Overview: The Arts Market Associate will be responsible for providing operational and organizational support for the Downtown Boston Arts & Crafts Market.
- Provide operational support for the set up and break down of the market.
- Assist vendors during breaks.
- Manage the vendor attendance or schedule adjustments.
- Provide vendors with area support through the help of the BID ambassadors.
- Strong oral communication and relationship-building skills; interacts with others in a professional and diplomatic way.
- Solid organizational skills, able to effectively manage and prioritize daily operations.
- Positive and professional attitude, ability to multi-task, strong work ethic and ability to lift-up to 40lbs.
Please email resume with cover letter to: [email protected]
On Hold Position: Communications & Public Relations Manager
Full Time: Regular Employee
Summary: The Communications and Public Relations Manager is responsible for developing and implementing an integrated communications strategy to communicate the organization’s mission and work to diverse audiences as well as capitalize on and create opportunities for media coverage. Reporting to the President & CEO and working in close partnership with the Marketing and Brand Manager, the position is responsible for communications and messaging coordination ensuring organizational alignment on message and strategy.
Download the Full Position Description
Positions remain posted until a sufficient number of candidates have applied or the position is filled.