Franklin Street Partial Closure: August 24th until July 2016
Franklin Street Partial Closure: Franklin from Washington Street to Hawley Street closed to Vehicular Traffic August 24th until July 2016
- By order of the Boston Transportation Department, a one-block section of Franklin Street between Washington and Hawley streets will be closed temporarily to vehicle traffic starting 6 am on August 24th until July 2016.
- Millennium Partners and Suffolk Construction will be reconstructing the roadway surface, MBTA station and Shoppers Park during this time. The MBTA entrance/exit on Franklin Street is closed through the duration of the project.
- The north sidewalk will remain open for pedestrians throughout the duration of the road closure.
- Vehicle and bicyclists will be required to detour during the duration of the closure. There will be signage erected at specific locations to facilitate the road closure.
- The detour from Hawley Street at Franklin Street will be as follows: The suggested detour route is right on Hawley Street, left on Milk Street, right on Washington Street, left on Court Street, left on Tremont Street.
- Please contact Rich Michaels of Suffolk Construction with questions at 781-915-4569 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Tracey Ganiatsos of the Boston Transportation Department at BTD@cityofboston.gov.