National Weather Service: Winter Storm Janus Warning
Blizzard conditions expected across far southeastern Massachusetts this afternoon through Wednesday morning, heavy snow is likely across much of southern New England.
Winter Storm Warning remains in effect from 1 pm this afternoon to 1 pm EST Wednesday.
- Locations: Boston and the western suburbs.
- Hazard types: Heavy snow.
- Accumulations: snow accumulation of 6 to 10 inches.
- Timing: from midday through Wednesday morning.
- Impacts: snow covered roadways will cause difficult driving conditions. Periods of moderate to heavy snow along with gusty winds will cause visibilities of one mile or less at times.
- Winds: north 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 40 mph.
For Boston.com's forecast/summary of the storm, please visit here.