First Night Boston--the original "First Night" celebration in the United States--is back and better than ever! There will be a variety of First Night happenings at various downtown venues.
Visit here for a convenient map of downtown First Night venues. Here is a summary of events:
- Boston Common:
- The Penrose Triangle sculpture will be exhibited starting at 12 pm.
- A fantastic selection of ice sculptures will be revealed starting at 1 pm.
- The FIGMENT Boston performance will be staged at 5 pm.
- The Frog Pond hosts the "Frog Pond Skating Spectacular" starting at 6 pm.
- The Boston 4 Productions Family Fireworks show will ignite for a 10-minute display starting at 7 pm.
- King's Chapel: A series of historic tours of the chapel start at 5 pm and culminate at 9 pm with a performance by Heinrich Christensen.
- Old South Meeting House: The historic museum offers free admission, starting at 10 am, for all visitors who present a First Night button.
- St. Paul's Cathedral: The church hosts back-to-back performances by Boston's legendary Makanda Project, starting at 7:30 pm.