BID Sponsored Event
"Mix It Up Mondays" Is Shaking Things Up Downtown This Winter!
What is Mix It Up Mondays?
Every Monday in February and the first two weeks of March, participating downtown restaurants will either create a special dish to be served exclusively on Monday evenings--or highlight a reduced-price, featured menu item to be paired with a Belvedere Vodka-based cocktail.
Developed by the Downtown Boston BID in partnership with Boston Magazine, Mix It Up Mondays includes some of the hottest downtown nightspots:
49 Social, Artisan Bistro, Avenue One, Avery Bar,
Back Deck, Blu, Good Life, Fajitas & 'Ritas, Max & Dylans, Petit Robert Central, Salvatore's, Sip Wine Bar & Kitchen, and Woodward.
Mix It Up Mondays Menu:
- 49 Social: Burger with house-ground meat, Vermont cheddar cheese, Bibb lettuce, tomato, crispy leeks, truffle aioli discounted to $10 (normally $14). Corresponding cocktail: "A Kurrant Affair."
- Artisan Bistro (Ritz-Carlton Boston Common): Hampshire bacon-glazed porkchop with sweetbreads, green beans, sweet potato mousseline ($25). Corresponding cocktail: Apple-Rosemary martini.
- Avenue One (Hyatt Regency Boston): New England crab cakes with apple celery root, coleslaw, and honey (half-priced for Mix It Up Mondays). Corresponding cocktail: Orange bitter cosmo.
- Avery Bar (Ritz-Carlton Boston Common): Veal and ricotta meatballs ($10). Corresponding cocktail: Apple-Rosemary martini.
- Back Deck: Monday, February 4th: Tandoori chicken with mustard seed, roasted potatoes, cucumber salad, coriander chutney. Corresponding cocktail: Belvedere Gibson. Monday, February 11th, and Monday, February 18th: Hoisin beef: slow-roasted hoisin glazed short ribs over crispy noodles and spicy cabbage. Corresponding cocktail: Belvedere Gibson. Monday, February 25th, and Monday, March 4th: Puerto Rican slow roasted pork flavored with garlic, cumin, oregano and chili served with black beans and rice. Corresponding cocktail: Belvedere Gibson. Monday, March 11th: sherry and garlic marinated lamb shoulder with grill-roasted new potatoes and Catalan spinach. Corresponding cocktail: Belvedere Gibson.
- Blu: Fluke Ceviche with jicama, pickled onions, mango, pineapple, and cliantro ($8). Corresponding cocktail: Belvedere Parsley Gimlet.
- Fajitas & 'Ritas: Fixed-price fajitas package: choice of steak, chicken, shrimp, or vegetable; appetizer of tequila wings or vegetable quesadillas, and a side dish ($15). Corresponding cocktail: Belvedere Red Pom Pom 'Rita.
- Good Life: "Bel Biv Devoe": Belvedere, grapefruit, soda water, St. Germain and fresh lemon.
- Petit Robert Central: Steak frites. Corresponding cocktail: Belvedere Dirty Martini.
- Salvatore's: prix-fixe menu ($40). Corresponding cocktail: Belvedere Caipirovska, Spring Martini, or Twinkle.
- Silvertone: Mac & cheese. Corresponding cocktail: Tomasz Collins.
- Woodward (Ames Hotel): Fish 'n' chips from 5-7 pm discounted to $14 (normally $22). Corresponding cocktail: "The Concierge" (Belvedere Orange, cranberry puree, lime juice, domaine de canton).
Mix It Up Mondays will conclude in April with a special event for dedicated Mix-It-Uppers, participating venues, and industry professionals. See you Monday nights!