Driving & Parking In Downtown: Best Routes & Parking Garages
Walking, biking, and public transit are the easiest and most cost-effective ways to get downtown, and the Downtown Boston BID encourages you to explore those options. If you do need to bring your car into downtown, the following directions offer the simplest routes.
From the north
Follow either I-93 or Route 1 to the Central Artery (I-93) and take Exit 20A toward South Station. Turn right on Summer Street to head into the heart of the Downtown District.
From the south
Follow I-93 and take Exit 20 toward South Station. Follow Lincoln Street into the District.
From the west
Follow the Mass Pike (I-90) to the I-93 interchange. Stay left toward I-93 N and take Exit 24 toward South Station. Turn left on Kneeland Street and then right on Lincoln Street or Washington Street into the District.
Public Garages & Zipcar In Downtown
Public garages throughout the district make parking easy and convenient. The following is a list of some of downtown's largest public parking garages:
- 33 Arch Street garage (entrance on Hawley Street after turning right off of Franklin Street)
- 101 Arch Street garage (entrance on Hawley Street after turning left off of Franklin Street)
- 45 Province Street garage (entrance at 45 PROVINCE)
- 99 Summer Street garage (entrance at 22 Kingston Street)
- 125 Summer Street garage (entrance on Lincoln Street near the Surface Artery intersection)
- Boston Common Garage (entrance on Charles Street mid-block between Boylston and Beacon streets)
- One Devonshire Place (entrance on Devonshire Street)
- Hyatt Regency Boston garage (entrance at 2 Ave. de Lafayette adjacent to the hotel entrance)
- Lafayette City Center garage (entrance on Chauncy Street)
- Pi Alley Garage (entrance at 275 Washington Street after turning left off of School Street)
- Post Office Square Garage (entrance at 130 Congress Street)
- Theater District Garage (entrance at 47 Boylston Street)
Zipcar car-sharing service is available in Boston with parking spaces throughout downtown.