Employment Opportunities at the Downtown Boston BID
Arts Market Associate
The Downtown Boston Business Improvement District (the “BID”) is seeking an Arts Market Associate with strong operational and organizational skills for contract work from May 15th thru Sept 29th. The Arts Market Associate will provide support to BID staff and manage the two day a week Downtown Boston Arts & Crafts Market (Wednesday and Friday 10 am to 6:30 pm). The position reports to the Project Manager and the Chief Financial Officer.
The BID is seeking candidates to join a team dedicated to the mission of making Downtown Boston reach its full potential as a vibrant, welcoming and economically thriving community.
The BID is a 501(c)(6) non-profit organization incorporated in October 2010, created by property and business owners committed to further transforming Downtown into a world-class destination that is internationally competitive and appealing. The BID, with its $5 million annual budget, serves a 34-block area in between Tremont and Congress streets and Court and Boylston streets that includes Downtown Crossing, the Ladder District, and parts of the Theater and Financial Districts.
The hub of Boston’s transit system, the BID is also the heart of the oldest and most historic retail district in the city, which includes a growing number of residents. Along with working to create a clean, safe and vibrant environment for everyone who experiences the district, the BID also works to encourage new business activity, enhance property values and to attract further investment in the area. The BID works to meet these goals through a series of programs and supplemental services that target the needs of the district.
The Arts Market Associate will be responsible for providing operational and organizational support for the Downtown Boston Arts & Crafts Market.
- Provide operational support for the set up and break down of the market.
- Assist vendors during breaks.
- Manage the vendor attendance or schedule adjustments.
- Provide vendors with area support through the help of the BID ambassadors.
- Strong oral communication and relationship-building skills; interacts with others in a professional and diplomatic way.
- Solid organizational skills, able to effectively manage and prioritize daily operations.
- Positive and professional attitude, ability to multi-task, strong work ethic and ability to lift-up to 20lbs.
Hourly wage/contract work.
Please email resume with cover letter to: [email protected]