Parking and Driving
Traffic & Parking Advisories
Please be advised that as part of the ongoing construction of Winthrop Center Tower, there are traffic pattern changes to Devonshire Street until further notice. Devonshire Street is closed to vehicular traffic and bicyclists from the 100 Summer Street Garage to 75-101 Federal St. Devonshire Street is a two-way street from Summer Street to the entrance of the 100 Summer Street garage.
The sidewalk on the west side of Devonshire Street will remain open to pedestrians. Access to the 100 Summer Street parking garage, 100 Summer Street loading dock, Common Vines wine shop, and residential properties on Devonshire Street is available.
The Best Garages & Routes In Downtown
Downtown Boston has more than 6,300 parking spaces in thirteen public parking garages. Most garages offer discounted parking rates on nights and weekends. Drivers are often pleasantly surprised to discover how convenient parking in Downtown Boston really is!
The following is a list of some of downtown's largest public parking garages:
- 33 Arch Street garage (entrance on Hawley Street, underneath the 33 Arch Street tunnel, after turning right off of Franklin Street)
- 101 Arch Street garage (entrance on Hawley Street, mid-block between the Franklin and Summer Street intersections)
- 45 Province Street garage (entrance at 45 Province, mid-block between the Bromfield and School Street intersections)
- 99 Summer Street garage (entrance at 22 Kingston Street, mid-block between the Summer and Bedford Street intersections)
- 125 Summer Street garage (entrance on Lincoln Street near the Surface Artery intersection)
- Boston Common Garage (entrance on Charles Street mid-block between Boylston and Beacon streets)
- One Devonshire Place (entrance on Devonshire Street, just north of the Water Street intersection)
- Hyatt Regency Boston garage (entrance on Avenue de Lafayette, between Lafayette City Center and the hotel)
- Lafayette City Center garage (entrance on Chauncy Street, at the Bedford Street intersection)
- Pi Alley Garage (entrance at 227 Washington Street, just north of the intersection of Washington & Water)
- Post Office Square Garage (entrance at 130 Congress Street, just south of the intersection of Congress & Milk)
- Theater District Garage (entrance at 47 Boylston Street, just east of the intersection of Boylston & Tremont)
The following directions offer the simplest routes to reach Downtown Boston.
From the north
Follow either I-93 or Route 1 to the Central Artery (I-93) and take Exit 20A toward South Station. Turn right on Summer Street to head into the heart of the Downtown District.
From the south
Follow I-93 and take Exit 20 toward South Station. Follow Lincoln Street into the District.
From the west
Follow the Mass Pike (I-90) to the I-93 interchange. Stay left toward I-93 N and take Exit 24 toward South Station. Turn left on Kneeland Street and then right on Lincoln Street or Washington Street into the District.
Zipcar In Downtown
Zipcar car-sharing service is easy and available in Boston with parking spaces throughout downtown. Use this link to discover all the possibilities of car-sharing in Downtown Boston.