Employment Opportunities at the Downtown Boston BID
Thank you for your interest in the Downtown Boston Business Improvement District, we do not have any open positions at this time.
Marketing & Social Media Associate
JOB SUMMARY: The Marketing & Social Media Associate is responsible for managing the online presence and supporting special events for the organization. The position is responsible for updating and maintaining the website, creating content and analyzing the effective use of our social media channels, and will be called upon to develop and implement events. The organization is results and data driven, as such a developed understanding of analytics for web and social media is required. Reporting to the Marketing and Brand Manager, this person is a dynamic communications and outcome driven individual who understands web, digital marketing and social media.
BACKGROUND: The BID is a 501(c)(6) non-profit organization incorporated in October 2010, created by property and business owners committed to further transforming downtown into a world-class destination that is internationally competitive and appealing. The BID, with a $6.4 million annual budget, serves a 34-block area between Tremont and Congress Streets and Court and Boylston Streets that includes Downtown Crossing, the Ladder District, and parts of the Theater District and Financial District. The district includes the oldest operating Pedestrian Zone in the City of Boston, established in 1979, and furthermore contains the heart of the MBTA transit system, which connects all public transportation lines. Along with striving to maintain a clean, safe, and vibrant environment for everyone who experiences the district, the BID also seeks to increase business activity, to enhance property values, and to attract further investment in the area. The BID works to meet these goals through a series of programs and supplemental services that target the needs of the district. For more information please see: www.downtownboston.org.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Support a comprehensive online communications strategy for the organization and manage events through in-person and social media engagement. This position collaborates and engages with the entire staff. In particular:
- Manage DBBID website
- Update site content daily and maintain the calendar of events
- Maintain/update site design when necessary
- Manage event and activity blog
- Track website analytics and increase engagement
- Manage Social Media Activity (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram)
- Create compelling and relevant content through brand storytelling with extensive experience in all social media platforms.
- Manage and moderate all user-generated community content including questions, answers, comments.
- Monitor, track and report on user feedback and engagement, providing insights to feed organizational initiatives, ensuring we’re building and optimizing for member and guest value and relevancy.
- Increase fans, followers, and develop an effective strategy for overall community engagement.
- Plans and prioritizes paid media and social media initiatives. Selects appropriate communications approaches for each plan and coordinates the design and delivery of effective digital marketing tactics.
- Event Management
- Work in conjunction with colleagues to plan, coordinate and implement events that engage a diverse audience.
- Minimum three years professional experience in organizational communications, social media marketing or special events.
- Demonstrated success at developing and managing content.
- Experience developing social media strategies across platforms, including utilizing analytics tools and understanding of how to engage, listen and monitor communities.
- Ability to work with a content management system to update and support a website.
- Solid understanding of KPIs and analytics as they reflect both web and social media trends.
- Strong visual literacy.
- Fluency in the latest technology and communications vehicles.
- Proven ability to foster relationships with internal and external partners.
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills.
- Project management skills.
- Organized, accurate, and careful attention to detail.
- Perform multiple tasks meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Shows initiative and works well both collaboratively and independently.
- Solid knowledge of issues affecting Downtown Boston.
- Ability to relate to and work effectively with people of diverse backgrounds and experience.
- Demonstrated commitment to the mission of the DBBID.
- Flexible schedule with ability to work occasional evenings and weekend required.
- Knowledge of Constant Contact and Salesforce a plus.
- Experience with basic photography a plus.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel).
- Proficiency with Hootsuite or similar social media management tools.
COMPENSATION: Commensurate with Experience, generous benefit package
HOW TO APPLY: Email resume with cover letter by June 14, 2019 using subject heading Marketing and Social Media Associate to [email protected].
The BID is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against an employee or applicant for employment because of age, citizenship status, color, disability (physical or mental), gender identity or expression, genetic information, military service or veteran status, national origin, race, religious creed, sex (including marital status, pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation or any other categories protected by federal, state or local laws.
Positions remain posted until a sufficient number of candidates have applied or the position is filled.