lean and Hospitality Ambassador Service
Uniformed ambassadors work 24/7 tending to the district and responding to the needs of all who work, live or visit the area. They provide services ranging from removing graffiti and sidewalk gum to helping visitors with directions and points of interest.
BID ambassadors are easily identified by their bright orange shirts and green jackets along with their name tags. Our ambassadors perform the following services:
- Welcome and assist pedestrians
- Sweep and power wash sidewalks
- Remove litter, graffiti, and weeds
- Masonry of sidewalks and concrete
- Water flower baskets and planters
- Report incidents and suspicious behavior to the Boston Police
- Connect homeless people to services
- Visit business owners to offer information about the BID
- Provide walking escorts upon request by calling 617-261-0066
The BID partners with Block by Block, a national company with a proven record of building well-trained teams for BIDs across the country, to provide our Clean and Hospitality program. There are 40 to 50 ambassadors with most being full-time employees who receive benefits (medical, dental, vision and 401Ks). For assistance, please contact the Ambassador Service customer service line at 617-261-0066.