Connecting to Social Services
We are committed to working with those in need.
The Downtown Boston BID provides services to all those who experience Downtown.
The BID employs a full-time outreach specialist to connect homeless people with housing or social services.
The BID contracts some overnight power-washing services to Project Place, an organization with transitional employment programs. The BID also provides office space to outreach workers from the Pine Street Inn, which provides services to homeless men and women.
Many other social services organizations are also located in downtown Boston, serving housing, educational, and other needs. A representative sample includes:
- Action for Boston Community Development
- Boston Housing Authority
- Boston Rescue Mission
- Bridge Over Troubled Waters
- Conservation Law Foundation
- Grand Lodge of Freemasons
- Massachusetts Taxpayers Foundation
- National Consumer Law Center
- New England Anti-Vivisection Society
- New England Center for Homeless Veterans
- Pine Street Inn Mobile Outreach
- St. Francis House