Always Something Happening Downtown
The BID offers more than 500 markets, events, and performances, centered on the Summer Street pedestrian zone, Readers' Park, and The Steps at Franklin and Washington Streets. In early 2017 we opened a Little Free Library at Reader's Park. Our members offer many more activities, from theatrical performances and gallery exhibits to arts markets and fashion shows, so there truly is always something to do in Downtown Boston. On any given day across seven days a week, people will hear music on many of the corners and in the public spaces across the district.
A comprehensive online calendar of events steers people to activities of interest. Our newsletter and advertising campaigns also help build audiences.
Popular activities include:
- Downtown Boston Brass and Downtown Dixie strolling lunchtime musicians along with the Downtown Singers
- The annual Doggone Halloween costume parade
- The Freedom Trail Redcoats changing of the guard
- Over 1300 free lunchtime and evening concerts during the summer at 133 Federal St., 100 Summer St. and St. Paul's Steps
- A Taste of Downtown Crossing
- A free lunchtime baggo league at 125 Summer Street
- Live holiday music and entertainment throughout the District