City Of Boston Prepares For Another Snowstorm
Winter Storm Linus: Important Weather-Related News & Links
Winter Storm Linus will be blanketing Boston with over a foot of snow over the next twenty-four hours, with the National Weather Service having issued a Winter Storm Warning, effective from 9 pm on Sunday, February 1st, through 1 am on Wednesday, February 3rd. Here are the latest updates:
City of Boston:
- A snow emergency/parking ban has been declared, effective on 6 am, Monday, February 2nd.
- The Boston Public Schools will be closed on Monday, February 2nd, due to the storm.
- Visit the City of Boston's Snow Center information page for important snow-related news, including municipal snow removal guidelines and regulations.
- The MBTA is set to maintain service on all bus, subway, commuter rail, and RIDE transit lines. However, it is has issued a Winter Storm Update cautioning system users as to a variety of potential storm-related disruptions/delays.
- The MBTA urges system users to monitor its Service Alerts subpage continuously throughout the storm to stay informed.
- The Massachusetts Emergency Management Agency (MEMA) is issuing continuous storm updates via its Twitter feed.
- MEMA's Winter Storms subpage contains a variety of useful tips, guidelines, and links to useful snowstorm-related info sources.
- Massport is reporting that airlines have begun canceling flights on Monday, February 2nd, in anticipation of Winter Storm Linus. Visit here for additional info about travel out of Logan.